Xiaomi has unveiled the world’s first mass-produced transparent OLED TV – the Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition.
The launch comes as part of the company’s 10th anniversary celebrations, which also saw it launch several new smartphones.
The Mi TV LUX Transparent Edition features a 5.7mm-thin 55-inch OLED panel that mimics a plain piece of glass when switched off.
When turned on, the TV’s pictures appear to be floating in the air, Xiaomi claimed.
To accomplish this, the TV is equipped with Xiaomi’s AI Master Smart Engine, along with a MediaTek 9650 custom-made TV chip.
This combination provides 20 optimisation algorithms and dedicated optimisation for five major use scenarios, which enable the TV to intelligently adjust the image.
Mi TV LUX OLED Transparent Edition specifications
- 55-inch (3840 × 2160 pixels) 4K OLED display with 178-degree viewing angle, 98.5% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, 1000 nits peak brightness, 1000000:1 contrast ratio, HDR 10+, MEMC, Dolby Vision, 1ms response time
- Quad-Core Cortex A73 MediaTek MT9650 processor with Mali-G52 MC1 GPU
- Professional game mode, Automatic low latency mode (ALLM),1ms instantaneous response, DC dimming, variable refresh rate (VRR) avoid s picture delays, tears, and freezes
- 3GB RAM,32GB storage
- MIUI for TV
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 3 x HDMI 2.1 (including HDMI eARC), 2 x USB, S/PDIF, Ethernet
- MPEG1/2/4, H.264, H.265, etc.
- Dolby Atmos, DTS audio
The Mi TV Lux Transparent Edition is priced at 49999 yuan (US$ 7196 / N3Million approx.) and will go on sale in China from August 16.
Xiaomi Launches Transparent OLED TV