The Oppo Reno 4 5G succeeds the Oppo Reno 3, offering a package that appears to be one of the best in the mid-range smartphone category. It ticks on some of the features that have made other top-notch mid-range smartphones shine. In this article, we explore its specs and price, which is geared towards helping you make your purchase decision.
Oppo Reno 4 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.43-inch AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels (409 PPI)
- Android 10; ColorOS 7.2
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 32MP + 2MP Dual Front Cameras
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display)
- Fast Charging (65W Capacity)
- 4000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Oppo Reno 4 5G leaves enthusiasts with a smartphone design that has elements that appear to be picked up from already released smartphones. There is really nothing to be super fascinated about here.
The rear panel holds an area of three cameras, an LED flash, and Oppo branding on the right bottom which indicates its an Oppo smartphone.
Flipping to get a front view, we discover a 6.43 inch AMOLED display, with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a screen density of 409 PPI. This display is home to a camera cut out that houses dual front-facing cameras.
Build properties on this Android smartphone comprise of Gorilla glass 6 upfront, Gorilla Glass 6 on the rear, and aluminum on the frame.
Cameras on the Oppo Reno 4 5G are nothing short of expectation in real sense. It’s packed with sensors that have become accustomed to most upper mid-range smartphones.
The rear camera system is packed with a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth camera. This rear camera system is capable of shooting 4k videos @ 30fps, 1080p videos up to 120fps. You also get HDR mode for taking photos.
Selfies are manned by a dual-camera setup that comprises of a 32MP primary camera and a 2MP depth camera. Video record with this setup is capped at 1080p @ 30fps. It also offers HDR mode for taking stills.
Hardware and Software
Performance on the Oppo Reno 4 5G is facilitated by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 Processor, an Adreno 620 GPU, 8GB RAM, and a non-removable 4000mAh battery. Storage variants include 128GB / 256GB.
This combo of components clearly indicates that this mobile phone falls in the upper midrange category and is capable of delivering very good performance when running tasks.
On the software side, It runs ColorOS 7.2 user interface, on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 4 5G features a USB Type C Port and dual-band Wi-FI and Bluetooth 5.1.
Please note that there isn’t a headphone jack on this device, which means private listening audio listening is done through a wireless headset or via USB Type-C headphones.
Internet connectivity on the Oppo Reno 4 5G is capped at 5G which means enthusiasts will enjoy streaming, downloads, and uploads at 5G speeds, provided they have 5G reception in their area.
Oppo Reno 4 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo Reno 4 5G price starts around $415, which is about 160,812 Nigerian Naira, 2,407 Ghanian Cedi.
The Oppo Reno 4 5G was announced on June 4th, 2020, and was made available for purchase on June 12th, 2020. It comes in
Oppo Reno 4 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno 4 5G
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Purple
- Dimension: 159.3 x 74 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 Ratio, 409 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 Triple Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS, HDR
- Front Camera: 32MP (Wide) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 Dual Camera
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 210
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4000 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: SuperVOOC 2.0 65W, 60% in 15 min, 100% in 36 min (Advertised)
Oppo Reno 4 5G With 4000mAh Specs and Price