|64GB 4GB RAM||£ 299.99||£ 299.99|
|128GB 6GB RAM||€ 399.99||£ 349.00|
|Show all prices|
With the Motorola Moto G 5G Plus, the company ushers its most popular series in the 5G era. The company aims to rekindle its old glory by delivering the best value for money mid-ranger much like the original Moto G did back in its day.
For starters the Moto G5 5G Plus is supposed to be one of the most, if not the most, affordable 5G-compatible smartphone in the European market and at a price of around €350. Of course the 5G penetration greatly varies from market to market, so it can’t rely on that alone to propel it to fame. Here’s what else it has going for it:
Motorola Moto G 5G Plus
- Body: 168.0×74.0x9.0mm, 207g; Plastic frame and back; Splash resistant.
- Display: 6.70″ LCD capacitive, 1080x2520px resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi; 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765 (7 nm): Octa-core (1×2.3 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver); Adreno 620.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.2, (macro), AF; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.2, (depth); Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR.
- Front camera: Wide (main): 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1.0µm; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1.12µm; HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 20W.
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), NFC; FM radio.
The huge 6.7-inch LCD panel offers 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10 support, it has two cameras on the front and a generous 5,000 mAh battery with fast charging support and last. That’s an area where Motorola was behind for the past couple of years often using older, less competitive chipsets.
In fact, the Moto G 5G Plus costs as much as Xiaomi’s phones with the same chipset, which hasn’t been the case for a while. We now need to run our usual tests, because specs can often be deceiving.
Unboxing the Motorola Moto G 5G Plus
The box contains all the usual user manuals along with the 20W-rated charging brick and a USB-A to USB-C cable for charging and data transfer. There’s also a transparent, silicone protective case in the box. Not a bad set of accessories, considering the price point.
Motorola Moto G 5G Plus review