Snapchat, the most entertaining app of all time has had its own controversies for years. Be it its moot redesign or the comment from the founder of not expanding the services of the app to poor countries like India and Spain, there are many reasons for users to stop using the apps’ services. Well, if you too have decided on discontinuing the services of Snapchat, you’re at the right place.
In this article, we’ve outlined steps on how to permanently delete Snapchat account.
How to permanently delete Snapchat account on your computer/laptop:
1. Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com.
2. Log in and click on Delete my Account.
3. Enter the username and password of your account.
4. Click on Continue and your Snapchat account will be deactivated for 30 days. After that, it will be deleted permanently.
Steps to permanently delete Snapchat account on your iPhone/Android:
- Log in to the Snapchat app.
- Click on your avatar on the top left corner.
- Head to the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Under the Support section, select the ‘I Need Help’ option.
- Go to My Account and Security. Here, select Account Information and tap ‘Delete my Account’.
- Next, click on ‘Accounts Portal’ and follow the steps mentioned at the start of the article.
Once you delete your Snapchat account, prevent logging into the app for 30 days. Your account will be deleted permanently after that and most of your data including your account, account settings, friends, Snaps, Chats, Story, device data, and location data will be erased from the apps’ servers.
The app, however, retains some personal data for certain legal, security, and business needs which includes information about in-app purchases and the terms of service.
Can you reactivate a permanently deleted Snapchat account?
You can restore your Snapchat account at any time in the 30 days after you deactivated it.
Does Snapchat delete unused accounts?
If you don’t use your account for too long, there are chances that Snapchat might delete it.
Will my friends know if I delete Snapchat?
Your friends would have no access to your activities on Snapchat once you deactivate it through the apps’ account portal.
So this is how you can permanently delete your Snapchat account, if you found this article useful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Comment down below if you’ve any doubts related to this article.
How to Permanently Delete Snapchat Account
1) Click the share button and share it
(2) Join our Telegram Channel HERE
(3) Follow us Twitter, Instagram, Google plus, Facebook page
(4) Download Android & Ios App HERE