Google Camera is one of the wonders among Android devices. It is the holy grail of Google Pixel smartphones since while other companies are relying on multiple-cameras to deliver high-quality shots, Google Pixels are sustained by powerful software. Pixel smartphones have blessed with this technology thus making them some of the best smartphones in the photography market. They have official support for advanced features like Astrophotography and many others. Google has recently rolled out the Google Camera App v7.4 with several new features and enhancements. Among them, we can headline the long-expected 4K@60fps recording. The community is fast, and now we finally have a working Gcam 7.4 mod for all Android smartphones.
What is Gcam?
In short, Gcam is a mod that aims to bring the Google Camera app to several smartphones and ensure that all features work with them. There are several variations of Gcam. Some are meant for multiple Android devices, while others are made specifically for a single smartphone. There multiple developers working on Gcam and an active community of users using the Mod.
Now developers gave a step further bringing the latest Gcam 7.3 with all its features.
Gcam 7.4 app mod features:
- Automatic DND mode while using video-recording.
- Quick-Toggle for Video resolution changes
- Re-arranged settings UI.
- 24FPS video recording.
- 4K@60fps Video recording
- Exposure controls to adjust brightness and HDR of your photo.
- Received Frequent Faces to help you capture Top Shot photos.
- Touch and Hold shortcut in the shutter button to capture Top Shot photos.
In this modification, support for Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 and 845 processors was included. The 4k60 video recording (who writes video of this format only), self-timer, etc. are available to SoC data device owners.
How to download and install Google Camera 7.4 in your Android device
The developer parrot043 put his hand in the Google Camera 7.3 app and made the first modded version of Gcam 7.3 APK. The new mod is almost available for every Android smartphone. There are some restrictions though, but the main one involves having support for camera2 API. Moreover, you’ll need to make sure that your device is running Android 10. Gcam 7.3 will not work with devices running Android 9.0 or below, but you can try your luck.
- Select and Install it ( You’ll be prompted with the request for allowing app installation from external sources, don’t worry the app is safe).
- Open the Google Camera once the icon appears in your launcher
- If you run an old version of Android, you can try and download Gcam 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, or any mod that is compatible with your version.
- Make sure your device has camera2.API enabled. If you don’t know what is this, just type “camera 2 API checker, on Play Store. Download the respective app to make sure your device has support for it.”
Among the list of devices supporting this mod we can list the following smartphones:
- Redmi Note 5Pro / 7/8 / 8T
- MI A3
- Mi 8
- Mi9Lite (SE) – buffer fix
- Redmi 5 Plus – front camera with HDR + does not plow
- LeEco LeMax x820 (829)
- Mi Note 3
- Redmi Note9s / Pro – everything except video
Of course, several other smartphones will support Gcam 7.4 MOD without any issue or restriction. If your device is among the list of supported ones, let us know in the comments section.
HOW TO INSTALL GCAM 7.4 MOD IN ALL ANDROID SMARTPHONES