Users have been complaining regarding Black screen error in their gaming sessions. As we all know, the latest addition to the Call of Duty series is the most awaited Black Ops Cold War. However, this much anticipation and excitement seem to go in vain when you experience a black screen error.
Talking about Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, it is a game that is based on certain events that occurred during the second half of the 20th century. These events are centered around the most notorious rivalry between the United States and the USSR. In the game, this rivalry is shown to lead to World War III. Well, that’s much talking about the game, now let’s dive in and see how you can fix the black screen error.
Fixing Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Error
Before you set to resolve the error, you need to understand why it occurred in the first place and find the resolution accordingly.
Very often, the error occurs when the system does not match with minimum system requirements. These are the least requirements necessary for running the game without a problem. Following is a list of what your system must have in order to support the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
- Windows 7 or higher 64-bit operating system.
- Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300 processor.
- 80 GB of available hard disk space.
- 8 GB of RAM.
- GeForce GTX 660 2GB / GeForce GTX 1050 2GB or Radeon HD 7950 2GB graphics card.
- DirectX 11.
These six are the minimum requirements for the game. You can support the game with more in-depth system requirements that are not discussed here. To check what system configuration you have, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings. Then go to Start > Settings > System > On the left panel, click on About.
- After clicking on About, you can see the PC specifications. Now, click on the System information on the right side > Check the graphics card information.
To Check DirectX Version
- First of all, Press the Windows + R keys for Run dialog box > Then, type dxdiag and press Enter to open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, you can find the hardware configuration information under the System and Display tab. You will find this information along with the DirectX version, DirectX hardware feature level version, etc.
Update Windows Build and GPU Drivers
Besides a lack of basic requirements, this error can also be caused by an outdated GPU driver. For updating the GPU drivers, follow these steps:
- Click on Start > Type Device Manager and click on it from the search result.
- This will open the Device Manager interface. Now click on the Display adapters (arrow icon) to expand the drop-down list.
- From the drop-down list, right-click on the graphics card > Select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- The Search automatically option will download and install the driver on its own. This will happen only when an update is available.
- After the update, you need to restart the computer. Then just rerun the game.
In addition to updating the GPU driver, you should check for Windows OS build updates. For that, follow these steps:
- Go to start button and click on it> then click on Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.
- If you see an available update, then just click on Download and Install.
- Once the update is downloaded and installed, restart your system. This will apply the update.
Scan and Repair Game Files
Another reason for the occurrence of this error is the presence of missing or corrupted game files. If you repair the game files, you can get rid of the error. Follow these steps to repair the damaged game files.
- Firstly Launch the Blizzard launcher (Battle.net) > Then click on Games and open the Black Ops Cold War game page > Then click on Options > Now, Choose Scan and Repair.
- You now have to allow the process to complete on its own.
- When the system is done repairing the game files, restart your PC.
- Finally, run the game and check for the issue.
Adjust Game Settings
In addition to all this, modifying some game graphics settings will also help fix the Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Error. These modifications may include:
- Turn off the V-Sync from the in-game options.
- Next, go to the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Turn on the Vertical Sync option for the game.
- Optionally certain other options from Global Settings can also be adjusted or tweaked.
- If the CPU of your PC is not locked, you will have to use any third-party overclocking tool. Once you have overclocked, reset to defaults.
- Finally, restart the computer, and this will most likely resolve the issues.
How to Fix Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Error