Google Classroom is a free educational program that enables teachers and students to go beyond the era of using papers. Google offers it’s as a free service for schools, non-profit organizations. This program makes it easier for both students and instructors to connect to even outside the classroom. The app is available for both PC and mobile, so you can use whichever device to access your account and you can start your lessons. Its primary purpose is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students. For this, this platform combines Google Drive, for assignment creation and distribution. Google Docs, sheets, and slides are used for writing. Gmail for communication and google calendar for scheduling.
Google classroom is free and has no ads, teachers can create, collect, and mark assignments with ease. Students can easily keep track of their assignments. They can also attach files to assignments without much stress. Its multi-platform accessibility and cloud storage make it dependable for online schoolwork. The interface is user friendly and spectacular. It can also link to your drive. Though it doesn’t have any features for parents and guardians to see their children’s progress. This is because it was designed for those in k-12 and higher levels. Teachers can monitor students’ progress on activities and lessons and also provide feedback to them.
How Do I Set up a Class on Google Classroom?
Setting up a class on google classroom is quite easy. This is a quick, easy way to get students into your class. Where they can join and get educated, follow the steps below to set up a class on Google classroom.
- Go to classroom.google.com on the web browser
- Click on the “+” button on the top right side of the page, then click “create a class”.
- Add information about your class.
- Students can now start joining.
- You can customize your google classroom, customize your google account to make it more creative and fun.
When you create your class for the first time, you will be given a default header image. Students will see this image when they click on your class to access assignments and announcements. Now that you know how to set up a class on google classroom, why don’t you try one today and make it easier for your students to communicate with you.
How Do I Use the Google Classroom For my Students?
Using the google classroom for students is a good way to impact them with knowledge. In a case where a teacher or a lecturer cannot bring all his students in one classroom or arena, the Gmail class makes it easier for them to do this without moving an inch. This is how to use the Gmail classroom for students.
- Create a class: in this google class students can receive their assignments and also read announcements. Login to classroom.google.com to start.
- Invite your students to your google classroom in order to enroll them, you can do this through an email or invitation code.
- Set up a grading system, by setting up a grading system you can organize classwork, essays, homework or even tests. If you choose not to set a grading system, you can always use classroom to share materials and engage your students.
- Create quizzes for your students, you can do this to engage them, once they are done. You can also import their grades and return their grades back to them.
However, note that teachers and students need the G Suite for Education accounts to use the Google classes, if you are using Google classes in a school setting, you must have a G suite education account. Furthermore, the G Suite Education account lets schools decide which Google service their students can use and it provides additional privacy and security. Hope this article was helpful. Google classroom allows you to set up a google classroom in 200 or access the google Gmail classes to sign up.
Google Classroom – How to Setup a Google Classroom 2020