In this tutorial, we will show you how to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues. This virtual reality rhythm game has quickly upscaled the popularity charts. While there are a few VR games present around, not many could claim the rise to fame that it has managed to achieve. Its intriguing gameplay and challenging mission set have earned quite a few praises from the gaming industry. On top of that, the game also supports a plethora of mods.
They not only give the game a whole new dimension but also makes it more engaging. However, these mods could sometime be a cause of issue as well. Many users across Reddit have voiced their concern over these mods not working or getting bugged with patching errors. In this regard, this guide will come in handy. Today we will list out all the possible reasons for these errors and then show you how to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues. Follow along.
Fix Beat Saber Mods Not Working
There could be quite a few reasons for the aforementioned error. Most likely, it could be your Windows Firewall or Defender conflicting with this game. Along the same lines, the issue could also be related to one of the patches or the installation of an incompatible mod. Furthermore, corrupt or missing game files could also spell out trouble for you. With that said, this guide will outline the various methods to fix these issues. This should in turn fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues as well.
Fix 1: Temporarily Disable Windows Firewall
In some instances, Windows Firewall might not let an application interact with the network. However, in this case, since the app in question is a trusted one, you could temporarily disable Windows Firewall. If you don’t wish to do so, then you could also add the game to its whitelist. Instructions for both are given hereby:
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall from the Start menu.
- Then click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings button (make sure to have administrative rights). Select the Beat Saber file from the list and click OK.
- However, if it isn’t there, then click on the Allow another app button. Now browse to the Beat Saber file and select it.
- If you are still facing issues, then you could also temporarily disable the Defender as well. For that, go to the Windows Defender Firewall page and click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Then select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall under both the Public and Private Network sections.
- After executing the above steps, see if you are able to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues or not.
Fix 2: Re-Apply the Patch
In some cases, if you have applied a patch and then the game gets updated, then the former might not be able to function as expected. Hence to rectify this issue, you will have to repatch the game. Here are the required instructions for the same:
- Close the game and then exit all its processes from the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) as well.
- Head over to the game’s installation directory. Then drag and drop the BeatSaber.exe file onto the IPA.exe file.
- If it fixes the issue, well and good, otherwise, drop the BeatSaber.exe file onto IPA.exe.config file.
- If the mods are still not working, then head over to the Beats Mods website and search for BSIPA.
- Click on Download ZIP and when downloaded, extract its content inside the game’s installation folder.
- After this, drag/drop the BeatSaber.exe file onto the BSIPA.exe. See if this is able to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues.
Fix 3: Verify Integrity of Files
If a few game files are missing or corrupted, then there is bound to be few issues with your game. In that regard, you could make use of Steam’s feature. It will search for all the missing or damaged files and will then take the necessary actions accordingly.
- Launch Steam on your PC and head over to the Library section.
- Then right-click on the Beat Saber game and select Properties
- Go to the Local Files section and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Once the verifying is complete, go to the Mod Assistant website and install its latest version.
- Now launch the game and check if the issue is rectified. If it is still there, then go to the game’s installation directory and launch the Beat Saber Patch file.
- See if it gives out any favorable results. If the answer is in a negative tone, then go to the Beats Mods website and download BSIPA.
- Extract its content where the game is installed and then drag and drop BeatSaber.exe to BSIPA.exe file. Check if it is able to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues.
Fix 4: Reinstall Mods
If you have installed an older version of a mod or have recently updated the game, then you might face some issues with these mods. In that case, the best bet is to delete the plugins and then reinstall them via Mod Assitant. Here is how it could be done:
- First and foremost, launch the Steam application on your PC.
- Head over to Library and right-click on the game.
- Go to the Local Files section and click on Browse Local Files. You could also use the Backup Game files option to create a backup beforehand.
- Then under the Beats Saber folder, delete the Plugins folder. After this, close all the processes and programs associated with this game from the Task Manager.
- Now download the Mod Assistant and install your preferred mods via it.
- Finally, head over to Steam and Verify Integrity of Game Files from the Local Files section.
- Launch the game and see if you were able to fix the Beat Saber Mods are not working issues.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above methods managed to give out desirable results, then you might have to reinstall the game. For that, it is recommended that you back up a few folders first.
- So launch Steam, go to your Library, and right-click on the game.
- Then select Properties > Local Files and go to the CustomLevel folder. Its location is :
steamlibrary>steamapps\common\Beat Saber\Beat Saber_Data\
- Now create its copy and along with that, the following four files as well
Playlists UserData\favoriteSongs.cfg UserData\reviewedSongs.json UserData\votedSongs.json
- Once you have made a copy of these files, head over to Steam, right-click on that game, and select Uninstall.
- Then restart your PC and reinstall the game from Steam. After that, install Mod Assistant and then your preferred mods via it.
- Finally, launch the game and the issue should have been fixed by now.
Fix Beat Saber Mods Are Not Working