This post is for those who have been having issues using their master cards on international sites either to make payments or purchase.
Whether you want to pay on Spotify, make Netflix subscription, or you just want to run sponsored ads on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter… virtual dollar card got you covered.
A virtual Dollar Card is a non-physical card for paying online in dollars. It allow you to make payments and shop online anywhere in the world where your local cards won’t allow you due to restrictions.
5 Ways to Get Virtual Dollar Master Cards in Nigeria, Africa
1. ALAT by Wema
ALAT by wema is a digital banking owned by WEMA bank, launched in 2017. You can easily get a virtual dollar card with this bank.
How to Get Virtual Dollar Card With ALAT
- Register here if you don’t have an account yet, and use this referral Code (6CJDU2) during registration
- Login to your Account on mobile or web
- On the main menu, click on Card
- Click on “ALAT Dollar Card”.
- “Create a New Card”
Fill in all required information to proceed.
The virtual dollar card comes with regular card details (your card name, card number, expiry date and the three-digit CVV code) saved on your app. You can retrieve these details whenever you need them.
2. Barter by Flutterwave
Barter is a product owned by flutterwave, you can send and receive money with the card globally. It only takes 5 minutes to create your virtual card.
How to Create Virtual Dollar Card with Barter
First of all Download the Barter by Flutterwave on Google Playstore or iOS store
- Complete the KYC and identity verification process
- ‘Add money’ to your Barter account either through your debit card, or bank transfer
- Click ‘Create new card’
- You could either create a Multifunctional card (i.e it can be used for all your online purchases/payments) or a custom card which can be used for specific purposes on specific platforms (e.g Netflix card, or an ASOS card)
- Enter the amount you’d like to fund your dollar card with and continue.
SpectroCard is a virtual prepaid MasterCard platform. They let users create virtual MasterCard cards including Dollar cards.
How to Get a Virtual Dollar Card on SpectroCard
- Create an account with SpectroCard.
- Verify your account via email.
- Update your account with your information.
- Fund your account.
- Create card.
4. Eyowo Virtual Dollar Card
You can make secure online payment with Eyowo dollar card, all you need to do is download eyowo mobile app or login from their web portals
Once you are logged in on the Eyowo mobile app:
- Tap on More from the home screen.
- Tap on Eyowo Cards.
- Tap on the Create Card button at the bottom of the screen.
To start using the card for your online purchases, you will have to fund the card.
Wallet is an online digital financial platform built around your phone number. With your account, you can transfer money within Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya, buy airtime and data, and pay bills.
How to Create Wallets Virtual Cards
Download the Wallet Mobile App and open an account.
- Log into your Wallet app
- Fund your Wallet with a card, bank account or bank transfer.
- Select ‘Dollar Card’ on your dashboard
- Fund your dollar card with $10
NB: Creating a Wallet dollar card attracts a one-time charge of $5. The minimum amount you can fund your dollar card with for $10
There are other providers who gives you the option of creating a virtual dollar card, but with the above, you can pay for anything online without any form of restriction. Let us know in the comment if you are already using any of the above.
Best Way to Get a Virtual Dollar Card, Pay For all You Transactions